Having procedures and training in the safeguarding of children and adults at risk is a requirement. In this course to Level 2 for all team members, you will learn about how to identify abuse and what actions to take if you suspect it.
To provide clinical professionals with an understanding of how to recognise signs of neglect, abuse and harm in children and adults at risk and how to handle safeguarding issues to ensure patient safety.
This CPD course meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome A.
The aim of this course is that you will be able to:
- Describe what safeguarding children and adults means
- Explain which laws and guidance relate to safeguarding
- Explain what your statutory responsibilities are
- Respond to safeguarding concerns professionally
- Understand what safeguarding means in the context of neglect, and physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Understand your statutory responsibilities if you work with children or adults
- Explain how safeguarding applies to clinical professionals
- Know the procedures to follow if you suspect safeguarding issues are taking place
This course is in video format with an interesting experienced presenter, plus slides, case studies, procedures, template documents and questions so that you can claim 3 hours of CPD. The course also contains useful resources including the CODE Module (M 290) Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk and its associated forms:
- (M 290) Safeguarding of Children and Adults at Risk and its associated forms:
- (M 290A) Action Plan for Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk
- (M 290B) Flowchart for Safeguarding Action
- (M 290C) Body Map of Injuries
- (M 290D) Letter to a Health Visitor
- (M 290E) Contacts for Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk
Sign up now and you have access to the complete course for 3 weeks. You will be able to download your certificate at any time. You can complete this course on your computer or on a tablet, as long as you have your login details. Search the App store for ‘Litmos’ to download the app.
The course provides two hours of CPD and one certificate.