This interesting and engaging Mental Capacity Act DVD course contains two hours of CPD for the whole team on a computer. The course is in video format with slides, a presenter and case studies. You can take the course at your own pace or run it on a computer for the whole team.
Up to four CPD certificates are included and can be obtained from the CODE office. Additional certificates cost £25 per person and can be purchased from this site, members discount applies.
The course objectives are that upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Follow the 5 key principles of the Act Identify a patient in need of a mental capacity assessment
- Carry out the 5 step capacity assessment
- Make a decision in the best interests of the patient
- Included in this course is the CODE Module (M 289) an explanation of the Mental Capacity Act and the MCA Assessment Form and Procedure (M 289A). There is also a resource on the DVD with other important Mental Capacity Act advice and guidance.
The course provides two hours of CPD, certificates for four people are included and additional certificates can be purchased.
Development outcomes: This CPD course meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcome A.
Buy any of our training DVDs during June and receive 2 extra CPD certificates free for your team!